nitrogen in your tap

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

darklight2ooo

So i think that i have nitrogen naturally in my water, what I'm wondering is there a way to get it out without buying something really expensive or buying tap water for my fish tank?

plus i am looking to add more flow i don't have nearly enough. My tank is a 12 gallon bow front eclipse. i have mooded the tank to fit my lights on it, the lights are 72 watts of 10k blue and white. i have 10 pounds of live rock, various shrooms and soft corals, an emerald crab, some hermits and 1 snail. My fish are a clown and a bangle cardinal. i have a protein skimmer, and im still running the filter that comes with the tank. i do a 3 gallon water change every week.

What would you guys suggest for water flow, such as a power head or maybe something else. i don't want to blow away all my corals. plus money is an issue so i cant be getting something super elaborate.

First off, I think you can get distilled around .50$ a gallon at your local shopping center, etc.
Cheap reliable ph's would be a MaxiJet 1200, you can mod it to produce more out from what I understand & all very cheaply. This wold be good for starters. IMO!

Back