No Power 22 Hours!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

auqua man

Another storm this time we lost power 22 hrs:eek: No warning this time. This storm was realy strong trees down all over the place. We lost our 40 ft blue spruce in the front yard and the roof to the patio what a disaster! I have 1/2 an acre of grass and you cant see the grass from broken pine branches.:eek: looks like I have my work cut out for me this weekend. This is the worst winter I can remember ever. I saved the tank with battery backup but I was getting worried that It would not last long enough. I have a large generator at work if it gets really bad again. I think It is time to get a small generator for the house with some kind of alarm to wake us up if the power goes out at night. At least the house is still here.:)

Bummer...Sorry to hear that.:doubt: I hope everything works out fine and you don't suffer any losses. The main thing is that you and your family is safe. I've seen what hurricanes can do to homes and the lives it can take living in the Bahamas where they frequent every year. Sometimes you don't even have time to recover before another one hits!:eek: Good luck man...I think a generator is a great idea. I was really relieved when I got mine last year with the automatic transfer switch. Makes you sleep a lot better at night:)

Glad that most of your house and your tank made it O.K. Here in seattle it was quite blustery and we had a few limbs down in the neighborhood but nothing to talk about on the news. And to think, I moved back from California for this.:D

Back