norwesco containers

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

spieszak

anyone in the seattle area know of a local source for the tall cylindrical norwesco storage tanks?
if no one does, would anyone be interested in tagging in on a group buy? (i know folks discount the containers when buying more than a few, i don't have any idea if it would help with shipping though)

yup..

I have a 165gallon that I got from Berg Vault in Mt. Vernon.

great company.

cool. that is still more than an hour from me, but its better than the 125 in shipping i was seeing.
do you remember what they ran? i can call before i drive it, but it always worries me when prices aren't listed on the website...

while i'm at it, are you happy with yours? feel like the top opening is wide enough and all that?

Stacey

I believe 279 plus tax..

You are welcome to stop by and see it and my setup
I am off work til Jan 2

not sure i could handle all the jealousy ;)
i may take you up on it, but its doubtful i'd be able to before the end of the holiday season...

door always open..just let me know.

bring your own towel (for the drooling)...LOL LOL

Ferguson is the largest national chain of plumbing and hvac supply houses in the US. Locally they purchased what was formerly known as Familian NW and turned them all into Ferguson locations. The largest branches locally are in Seattle on SW Marginal Way and also in Tacoma, however they have small branches where product can be shipped in many towns throughout the Pacific NW. If you can imagine a part used in the plumbing industry, Ferguson carries it. I remember they used to have these giant water containers, and Noresco was one of the suppliers, everything from 100 gallon to 2500 gallon. There is a catch though, I believe they only sell to plumbers, contractors, or HVAC guys with a license. They do have a Will Call counter where you can go in and order something, but your price will be list, which is 50-75% higher than what the plumber gets it for.

So find a buddy who is a plumber and have him order you one. Also, as a fine point of detail. The larger the plumbing company, the larger their discount off of list price is. For example McKinstry or MacDonald Miller might get 58% off of list while Joes Plumbing only gets 35% off of list. I worked in their sales department for a few years and it is amazing the way that whole industry operates. This is not usually a concern to the homeowner when you do a bathroom remodel you are paying list price for fixtures, the larger the company, the larger their profit margin on said fixtures.... am i rambling? lol sorry

I have a 300g tank that I got from Berg Vault also, but it was spendy... Very happy with the dimensions and efficiently using space though. I saw some recently on CL for a good price, they pop every once in a while if you're patient.

Back