November Meeting

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Workaholic

Millipora Addict
Ok, with Barriers sale being the 3rd sat. of November I've decided to set the meeting for the following Saturday. 11/26 This coming meeting will be about how to drill a glass tank. The tank to be drilled will be the new PSAS livestock tank! The tank is an older All glass 6ft 125 gallon that I'm donating to the club. I'll also be constructing a very basic stand skeleton for it as well. With that being said the club will be looking for the following items to get this tank up and going. The plan for this tank is to not go all crazy with it but to have a tank that just about anyone could put together to show members what can be done with your "average" aquarium that could be readily found on craigslist.

Sump (preferably in the 30-50gallon range)
Skimmer
Pumps (return, flow pumps etc)
Lighting (The goal for the tank is for it to house ALL the club livestock and be a separate system from my personal tanks so i'm open to lighting but would like it to be capable of everything from softies to clams and sps)
small reactor for carbon
heater

So for anyone that has any of these things for sale please let me know via pm and I'll be sure to get back to you ASAP.

With the topic this month being drilling glass there will be a few glass hole saws available to rent from the club at a fraction of the cost they are new (and you dont have to pay to ship them either)

Location of the meeting will be at my home in Federal Way
30156 3rd pl. SW
Federal Way wa 98023

Hope to see you all there!

Last edited:
small reactor for carbon - I've got one of the BRS ones I didn't really like it but it's yours if you want it.

Tecnomage: Thanks very much for the donation for the tank. i'll send you a pm shortly

On that note I want to make sure everyone knows the club is happy with purchasing what we need for the tank :)

I have a interesting topic to cover in a future meet. How about "Repair or replace of a failed Milwakki CO2 Regulator head" I have one that I'll donate if its salvageable for repair to the club to use and tinker with for a DIY session. The solenoid and needle are fine, the working pressure gauge blew? spins...lol. It vents out pressure release vent. Or should I toss it? I have replaced it since, in my set-up.

Meeting is just a few days away folks. with how the weather has been lately and with this project having to be done outside make sure you dress warm and for the possibility of rain!

PS: meeting is from 1pm -4/4:30pm

If there is someone with a video camera that is coming to the meeting, by all means please bring it! I would be happy to make a video of how to do this, unfortunately I don't have the capability to do so :(

Tom

It was good to see the few folks that came out! Jerry (cadillactattoo) Deveing (1guydude) and Stuart (hersey) with son Ryan in toe! Good to catch up with you and get a hand with drilling this tank. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves and learned something new :) Glad that everyone was able to go home with something as well.

This meetings door prize was donated by DR. Tim's Aquatics. They generously donated a collection of their additive products which each person in attendance was able to take home their choice.

Back