Nudibranch???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mjslaugh

Okay so I was looking at my tank this morning before the lights came on and saw what I think is some kind of nudibranch. It is very curious looking around the size of a quarter I took a pic, but the only thing it is good for is the color and profile of whatever it is. I don't know how long it has been in there, but I just saw it two nights ago and it is kinda big so I am thinking it was a hitchhiker, since I had never seen it previously. My zoas and anemone are intact, happy, and healthy. I just don't know if that is cause he hasn't found em yet or what.

Hopefully someone recognizes this guy so that I can see if I need to try to remove him, or if he's ok see what he eats.

100_2895.jpg

Oh and he is fairly plain looking all the same color, he does look spiky with little tiny(like 1mm) little spikes covering the hump pretty uniformly.

If your talking about the white thing in the center i would guess stomatella snail but its relly hard to tell from the photo

If your talking about the white thing in the center i would guess stomatella snail but its relly hard to tell from the photo

Well I recently found out what the stomatela snails look like, and have a few. This guy is much bigger, not the uniform oblong shape, and does not appear to have a shell. Sorry about the photo, I suck at taking photos, and on top of it I was trying to shoot the back of the tank through corner that had coraline and such built up on it(I can't get it off the area close to the appoxy corners). I'll try to get a better picture, but who knows when I will spot it again.

Back