Nylon Bolts for Reactor

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Reef Monkey

I purchased a Reef Octopus calcium reactor a couple of years ago and because I've moved several times over the past year, I've ended up losing a couple of the nylon bolts that hold the lid on. Does anyone have an idea on what size of nylon bolt that I might need? Is there a specific website that you might know of that I could go to to figure it out? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm pretty sure they are the same size as the nylon screws ETSS uses on their skimmers. I saved a bunch off of some skimmers we scavenged for parts. Let me know if you want to come by the shop and I'll set a few aside for you to take home and try. Right now they are hidden away in a spare parts bucket. No charge:)

Thanks!

You can also go to your local hardware store and pick up some stainless steel bolts to use to get you out of a bind. It is probably a 1/4x20 bolt. This way if you can't get them from your local shop and you still want to get the nylon bolt you know the exact size to order.

Thanks for the help guys. Cy unfortunately I currently live in Eastern Washington otherwise I would definitely take you up on your offer.

Check Lowes...they do carry a fairly decent selection of nylon nuts/bolts. More so than HD IME.

Nick

Back