octopus NW 150 setup

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

what is this piece that has what looks to be two air inlets? and where does it go

do i use the air tubing?

foam rings are for what exactly?

anything else i should know about this skimmer before hand?

That is the air silencer. It goes on the end of the air line. Some people use it, some don't. The small air line tubing goes on the venturi. I am not sure what the foam rings would be:confused: Mine came with a few rubber rings that are used as gaskets on the pump.

Brian

Ok the foam rings you are talking about go on the output of skimmer. They help silence the water falling back into the tank.

Brian

Yeah you should have a small piece that connects to the input of the pump. It will have a small barb on it. The air line will connect to the small barb and pull air into the pump where it is chopped into fine bubbles by the needle wheel. The body of the skimmer (outside) will have a small acrylic tube that the airline will slip into and be held in place.

Brian

I recently got one of those too and this how I saw it assembled on a website.

skimmer.jpg

Hope that helps!

mine didn't come with the air silencer!!!! i have heard several people talking about theirs.....i wonder why mine didn't????????

Probably tossed out with the packing :>)
Email, write, or call them and say you didn't get yours. If the air intake is not making any noises, you don't need it. If you can hear it, get one.
Mike

i doubt that i tossed it out..i am paranoid about that kind of stuff..i always look through packages to make sure...it's not making any noises though, i just wanted to get all the pieces that are supposed to be with it

Back