Octopus NW-150 Skimmer Mod Question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

OCDreefer

I was wondering if someone (perhaps skimmerwisper) would guide me to the MOST worth while mods for this skimmer. Its skim production seems to work great but if I can make it better then I'm going to. Thanks guys.

While waiting for Mark, increasing the size of air intake helps as well as mesh mod the impeller. Adding a gate simplifies adjustment

did you do any mods on your Mike?... think you have this skimmer if I remember right.

which model is it?? (year, like is it a new 2009 version?)
there's about 4 versions of this skimmer... :)

but depending on which model you have, you might mesh mod the impeller,
increase the diameter of the outlet plumbing attached to the outlet of the pump with a dremel, and make a new venturi from the volute of the pump.

if you have the 2009 version, you dont have to worry about dremeling the plumbing or making a new venturi, they did that on the latest model.

The two things i did to that guy to double the air is taking a drill bit and boaring out the air venturi on the inside, then just meshmodded it. Those are the only two things i'd do to it

if it's that exact skimmer, then it's the 2008 model with the larger outlet, and better venturi, so just mesh mod it, or buy the pinwheel impeller they make for that pump for 30% more air injection:
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...uct_Code=CV-OCT-PW-IMP-2&Category_Code=oct-nw

Ditto that! I got the pin wheel impeller for mine and the difference was night and day. It also fixed the problem with the pump not starting back up correctly after unplugging the skimmer and plugging it back in.

Back