Octopus Skimmer Question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ronj

Blue Tang
I've got an older Octopus NW 200 that i just put back in my sump about a month ago.. It used to work great and pull out a lot of nasty junk.. It literally doesn't skim anything anymore. The neck of the collection cup will have a thick, thick layer of skimmate inside of it, but the collection cup doesn't get one drop. The airline is clear of any obstructions and i have taken the pump apart and made sure it was clean...I have the Outflow pipe as high as it will go just to see if i can get really wet skimmate and still not one drop!.. any ideas? I have already ordered a new skimmer, but i still want to find out if i can salvage this one or just toss it

u could mod it...
do you have a pic or do you know exactly which gen. model it is?? there's about 4 of that model depending upon the year u bought it.

the main thing is, does it have the larger pump outlet and improved venturi from the first 2 generations?? also, is the pump on its side direct injecting into the skimmer body, or is it upright with an elbow attached to the outlet?

Back