Odyssea Metal Halide Pendant 150W with T5

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Nice find, I'm interested to see what others think too. I now Mark, Skimmerwhisperer, tends to like their stuff, and we have their skimmer, which works like a champ. But lights... you're talking heat problems, fire hazards and whatnot. But this'd be awesome on our biocube. Better than 60watts of CF, at least!!
Oh and I am the person you met at Adam & Crystals this morning! Hi!

Yeah,
It was nice seeing you there too. I currently have a 150watt Sunpod but was looking at this because of the t5ho combo.

Nice find, I'm interested to see what others think too. I now Mark, Skimmerwhisperer, tends to like their stuff, and we have their skimmer, which works like a champ. But lights... you're talking heat problems, fire hazards and whatnot. But this'd be awesome on our biocube. Better than 60watts of CF, at least!!

I wouldnt say I liek their stuff, but for cheap gear that works pretty decent, some if it is good... :)
there is definately better ways to spend your money, but when u dont have any money and your a reef addict, they come in handy...lol
also, this is like 6th generation, so they are alot better fixtures than when they started out years ago.
I would say they are equal in quality to coralife fixtures but not as good as current fixtures.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen these? I know Oddysea lights had bad reputations but I was thinking of grabbing this one and then changing out the bulb. Maybe even the ballast if I could find a cheap icecap.

Price is $100 for 150watt halide/t5ho combo.

http://shop.aquatraders.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=54241

I bought a used Odysea fixture for a good price knowing that I would replace the ballast and bulbs. I bought new Lumatek ballasts and even without changing the bulbs it's 2X the light it was when I bought it.

Back