off to a good start?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

glidenonk2

My tank is a 90 gal with eshopp 25 gal. sump under it. I have a viaaqua in sump skimmer in the sump it's the sk-300 model, the pump returning water to the display tank is a catalina 6000 with about 5.16 head loss. I was reading somewhere about taking the sponge filter out of the sump that it wasn't needed and it just collected waste and holds on to nitrates. So far I have about 38 lbs of live rock in the tank. It looks good (so far) just patiently waiting for it to cycle.

Sounds like you are off to a good start to me :D I would take off that sponge though, unless you are cleaning it like every day :p. Otherwise, keep it up.

-augustus

Welcome to RF!
Got any pictures to share of your tank?
It’s really your call on the sponge in your sump if it’s needed to reduce micro bubbles from entering your tank. Like augustus already mentioned, just be sure to clean it out at least every few days. But definitely try running without it and see how it goes. There’s also other ways to reduce micro bubbles if this is an issue.

It looks good (so far) just patiently waiting for it to cycle.

Yeah patience is one of the hardest parts of this whole scheme of things. :)

Sounds great!! Glad you've got it up and running:D On the sponge...Yeah, if you aren't prepared to keep it changed/cleaned every 3 days atleast, then I wouldn't use it as it can work against you:)

Back