OH NO! What to do now?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

GlassBlower

I woke this mornin to find my BTA had knocked off the filter cap to my powerhead and has been killed and sucked into micro fine particles.. my tank is a cloudy white color, with low visability. What do I do, is this going to be toxic? it'll be several hours till I can do anything about it (due to work hours). Any advice is helpful as I don't know what to do in this situation.
Sad day in my world now.

Lee

Water changes and polyfilters, and carbon wont hurt either. You know the drill. Remove the bad, dilute with new, and absorb what you can. Sorry about your anmone.
Steve

i thnk it's too late

Well i am still trying to get ready for work, and I just watched my coris wrasse have some sort of siezure looking thing and die immediately. so I am guessing that everything else is shortly behind it. I'll probably come home to a completely dead tank. So much for the memorial tank ( for a much very missed friend and family member)we set up.

Can you call in late or sick? Most folks should understand a sick pet. To me this would be like my dog getting hit or something major. Cant hurt to try. Steve

GlassBlower - sorry to hear about the anemone and the memorial tank. Let us know how things look when you get home from work. Water changes, water changes, water changes, and carbon. Hang in there.

Damn Thats awfull ,so sorry , hope you did what you could before work. Let us know what transpires.

:doubt: Well after a 25% water change this morning, followed by a 50% change this evening, the water is still cloudy but more life loss Gobie, and star polyps. I plan on another 50% change tomorrow. It looks so empty now with the loss of my favorite specimens in my tank. Oh well, we'll see what happens... Anybody got anything they want to part with for a reasonable price to fill the new void in the aquarium.

Lee

:doubt: :) :doubt:

Last edited:
Back