ok so now I have a fuge whats the best way to set it up?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cmn3

ok so I bought a cpr aquafuge with light its the large with a 36w power compact and now I just need some advice on whats the best way to set up
my tank is a 45 tall mixed reef with a little over sixty pounds of lr two hydor evo 750's an swc hot skimmer two 250w 20k's and two 96w atinics no sump.. any advice on what I should put in the aquafuge would be great

Those are cool refugiums. I think if I had one I would put cheato and mexicana caulerpa in it. And probably a mangrove or two. Some snails...

I think that the aquascaped refugiums with sand, rock and macro algaes and a few critters look really cool.
Oh, Sponges. Some different colored sponges would be cool.

Only way I will be able to see in it is if I put up a mirror... But that might be a cool idea.... So I should just set up like a nano with maco alge instead of corals... Sounds easy nuff whats the deal with this fuge mud stuff I see on all the online sites? Should that be used for substrate or just use normal live sand?

I dont know much about the mud, though I have heard good things about using it. It would be worth looking into. Theres stuff called Miracle Mud and then also Fiji Mud and Caribsea Mineral Mud and sure there are others.
I think I just might try some too.

Back