Old Tunze Temp Controller

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

viper357

Hi all

I have just bought myself a 2nd hand 7027/2 temperature controller. Here is a pic of it.

TempController.jpg

The guy I bought it from has never used it. It didn't come with any instructions, I have no idea how to set the HI and LO temp settings on it, although I can set the LO setting but can't seem to figure out how to set the HI one. :confused:

Google is not helping much either :(

Please help guys, thanks :)

I've tried that Ed, but they talk about adjusting a screw on the side, which I don't have and the 7028 has more buttons than my 7027.

Thanks for trying :)

Maybe I am just confusing myself here, maybe the LO setting is the desired temperature, then when the temp drops below that it will switch the heaters on until it reaches the desired LO setting, but it still confuses me why it says LO, surely it should say HI as well ?????

From what I've read on this controller... you set a temp, and it will either turn on or off the supplied power block... depending on which setting in the battery compartment you have set.

Not being the best with words... I'm trying to say, if you have it set to "HEAT" in the battery compartment, if the temp goes lower than your setpoint... it turns on power to the powerblock where hopefully you have your heater plugged into. Once temp raises above that setpoint... turns off power to powerblock. Works in reverse if you set it to "Cool" in the battery compartment, to turn on your chiller.

Sorry I didn't have any direct experience with this piticular Temp controller. Good thing is, this post will remain on the server, and hopefully someone that does have the 7027 will see it for you! :)

Back