Olympia WA Hobbiest's?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

lysahaynes

Hello. Olympia has such few LFS that are worth a damn. Anyone in the area sell frags or know any good place to shop? Thanks!

Honestly I'm very disappointed with Olympias LFS IMO. I find stuff from local hobbyists or I shop at Shark Reef in Silverdale. Otherwise you'll have to head up into Seattle for Red C or Barrier Reef. If you're looking for some specific stuff try posting an AD in the classifieds here and see if you get any bites. Lastly you can come to the next PSAS meeting this month and meet some people. That might help with connections. I just started my tank so I only have frags myself. Good luck!

Olympia LFS

Exotic Aquaria has been taken over by new owners.They were wiped out by the recent prolonged power outage.I stopped there last week because they claim they will be upgrading both their salt and freshwater stock. I spoke with one of the owners who stated he had 22 years in the business.He was hoping they would be up and running soon(maybe this week). Let's hope they provide some quality livestock in the South Sound.Petco does get ORA frags so you might want to check their frags out when they arrive. They are not really set up to keep them healthy for long. You might want to consider some "coral rescue" before they deteriorate.

Cool you should get him to sponsor the Reef Frontiers so he can get his name out their.

mike

Petco also gets ORA fish and fish from Sustainable Aquatics. I know som people don't like Petco but they do have some nice stuff and reasonable prices. I do go there sometimes but try to make it to Shark Reef whenever possible.

Sorry to bump an old thread but does anyone know where to purchase RO water in the Olympia area? The number for Exotic Aquaria was disconnected. I tried Aquarium Paradise but they just have ocean water - which I went with and sadly lost a fish after a water change.

Anyway - I'd like to mix my own but I've had a bit of an algae issue so thought I'd do it right - you know - with RO water. :)

ALSO - does anyone have experience using the artesian well in downtown Oly?

Sorry to bump an old thread but does anyone know where to purchase RO water in the Olympia area? The number for Exotic Aquaria was disconnected. I tried Aquarium Paradise but they just have ocean water - which I went with and sadly lost a fish after a water change.

Anyway - I'd like to mix my own but I've had a bit of an algae issue so thought I'd do it right - you know - with RO water. :)

ALSO - does anyone have experience using the artesian well in downtown Oly?

Any albertsons or safeway has water machines you can fill a 5g container for $1.75. Ive tested a few and all were 0-2 tds

Any albertsons or safeway has water machines you can fill a 5g container for $1.75. Ive tested a few and all were 0-2 tds

This is good to know. Thanks much! Not only is it cheaper, but I don't have to drive as far.

I've recently learned that the boyfriend has access to a TDS reader. I've sent him to work with our tap water today. Think I'll be sending him with some other samples soon!

Last edited:
+1 about safeway RO!
I used it for awhile till i got my own rodi.

Sry bout the w/c and the loss.

So super sad over here - and frustrated. We tested our house water and the RO water. House camine in at 329 tsd and RO was at 299!!

So frustrated as these were new filters when we purchase the unit.

Any tips?

Back