Once you add Peppermint Shrimp

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mmkeeper

Do you ever see them again? I added four recently and have not seen them again. Do they only come out at night?

tank raised peps are more likely to be out and about during the day , yes the love the dark

ROB - ARSA

I rarely see mine. I know that they are alive due to the absence of aptasia. When some baby aptasias start sticking around for much more than a week I know its time to buy some more.

Mine comes out during feeding, but it has a little cave it normally calls home during the day. It's all over the tank at night though.

I put in 5 small ones and didn't see them for months. Now that they are larger, they come out at feeding time and I sometimes see them during the day.

I would use Kalkpaste on the larger aiptaisia first to get rid of most of them. The peppermints don't seem to like the larger aiptasia too much. This way they only have to contend with the little ones.

i can see the little wisker's hanging around the rocks... but they come out when feeding... in day or night...

mine are allways out and about....all over the tank from day one...but then again they where the first things i put in the tank after live rock and snails...due to having aptasias on older rock that i got.

Back