One Spot foxface, Male or Female

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

N1Husker

RF Staff
i have a One Spot Foxface rabbitfish and although he/she is healthy and is a pig, it doesn't look like the classic one spot that you see in the pictures, this makes me think it might be a female. Does anyone know anything about these fish. I have had it for about 4 months and I got it at OBD. aquarium 214 004.jpg

to me, that looks like stress marks. does the fish ever lighten or darken those markings? they have the ability to change pattern and color, and the black across the back generally means it's stressed. are there any other fish in the system picking on the fish? is it eating well? what size tank?
cheers,
jon

to me, that looks like stress marks. does the fish ever lighten or darken those markings? they have the ability to change pattern and color, and the black across the back generally means it's stressed. are there any other fish in the system picking on the fish? is it eating well? what size tank?
cheers,
jon

Jon, he eats like a pig, first one up to the dinner table. No other fish is picking on it, he is the biggest fish in my tank, but I am retired and home almost all day and I watch my tank allot. The tank is a 90 gallon. He changed color when I first got him until he acclimated to the tank, but he has been this color ever since then, has never changed. He swims around freely and isn't stressed at all. He was this color when I bought him at Oceans by Design and other than a little fading in and out of the black, sometimes you can see the black spot better sometimes than others. Nobody seems to bother it and visa versa. I think you know Devin, he has been over and has seen the fish, I don't know if he would remember. He isn't sick or anything, I was just curious if there is a difference in appearance between sexes in these fish.

I am trying to figure out a way to get the tank from OBD to my house. My son is in the middle of moving out here and then he is going to be on vacation until July6th. It will be just me, my wife and my grandson until then. I have to go to the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow and have him look at my knees. I was concerned about my left knee but on Saturday I hurt the other knee. I am in quite a bit of pain right now. I just want to get the tank out here so I can get all of the plumbing I will need. I still have to build a stand, which probably won't happen until my son gets back. So I am kind of in limbo right now.

I might b able to get it to ya. My mom has a truck im sure i could borrow.
just gotta get a stand and such made for ya.
-d

I might b able to get it to ya. My mom has a truck im sure i could borrow.
just gotta get a stand and such made for ya.
-d

We could use my van, I have plenty of room for that. Once we get it here, my grandson would be able to help move it. I plan on just putting it on the floor, where I want it and when we get the stand built, I will just slide it forward on the carpet, put in the stand and lift it up onto the stand. I know my grandson will help. Let me know when you will have time and I can meet you at OBD.

Back