Online Live Rock

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

j.and

I have been doing alot of research into online live rock choices and one that really catches my eye is "livestockusa.org". Has anyone dealt with them??

i've never heard of them....do you have a budget???? that will narrow down some places....Brenden found some really cheap rock somewhere..i plan on ordering one really big piece from there to see if the rock is any good..also, what kind of rock are you looking for???

I really dont have a set "type" of rock, would just like some quality rock. If you look at the website i mentioned, the prices and quality of rock just cant be beat. Their website is quite informative.

Hooked,

Have you seen the rock?

No I havent but I figured if you buy a box and its not what you thought it was going to be, it would be easy enough to sell it with little to no loss. I'm looking to get a box in a few weeks. Anybody else in this area interested in it? Not sure if shipping would be better or not but you can always try heh.

I have been to there warehouse in Compton. they get rock just like most other places. at first it will have tons of life but most likely die off. I would tell them to send you a fresh box if you want lots of life. I opened a box there once and found cool things like urchins and so on.

I have been to there warehouse in Compton. they get rock just like most other places. at first it will have tons of life but most likely die off. I would tell them to send you a fresh box if you want lots of life. I opened a box there once and found cool things like urchins and so on.

Which store are you talking about?

http://www.intmarinefish.com/liverock.html
THis is where I got my liverock. At the time it was 2.50 a pound and is now 3.50 a pound. The rock was loaded with life urchins, sponges, worms, live coral, which I promptly killed when the tank cycled however I think that a lot went dormant then popped back. There was no shipping or boxing charges, but I had to pick it up at the airport (the guy looked at me kind of odd, apparently not everyone ships rocks overnight..). The guy was real cool and did a great job.
-chris

Back