Overflow Question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

DBM Reef

So i am trying to make up my mind on a new tank im gonna have built and would like some input. I am debating on if i should go with two corner overflows or a coast to coast. also please include a brief reason why you would go with one or the other

Thanks

Tank dims 84x30x24

I think it depends on where the tank will be and what the viewing angles are that will be visible. The nice thing about corner overflows I think is it allows for a backup overflow in case one clogs for any reason. The problem with them is it limits some of the viewing area if your viewing from the side. I always thought if I could have a custom tank, that a center overflow would be nice since it allows for plenty of viewing area from all angles and I could always have two overflow holes and two returns for it.

it will be pretty much like a in wall (so no side viewing ) Thanks for your reply :D

JESS, in you situation I would do a bigger center overflow on the back like 3-4 feet.
More surface skimming is good. and plus more room in there is gonna be good to work in there if you need to.

Back