Pacific Coast Imports

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The Apprentice

Hi Guys need some help I have bought a used Pacific Coast Imports CL 650 chiller and i have hooked it up And i belive it is running what i don't have is the directions to set up temp and change over the Setting to DEG F so has anyone in the club have a PCI chiller Or have a link to their web site I have not found a Web site to PCI Any help would be appreciated thanks ..Jeff

Thanks Scott & Ed

Thanks Scott I went to the website and looked for a Manual to Down load they Don't offer it But they are sending me a Hard copy. Thanks for the Link It saved my bacon!

P.S. The chiiler is 2002 unit with only 4 weeks of use I hooked it up and after figguring out how to set it i hope to be Chillin :cool:

szidls said:
Hey Jeff,

Here is a link to their website. http://www.pacificcoastimports.com/ Let me know how ya like the chiller.
Scott

thank you for posting this thread- I too had been searching for the website & some additional information..

Looks like you had the same problem I did no dirextions. I simply called PCI and they sent me a boook on it. You may also wanna check and see about an upgraded board for it. This will take you from the 4 deg variance to the 2 degree varance with no problem. I did it myself its just a matter or unplug and replug in the controller board. You will go from 4 buttoms to 3 and it simplifies things greatly.

BTW Ask for Tim at PCI

Jeff

Cheep Chiller

Thanks for the post Jeff, I have Called and they sent out a Manual on it. I have had a lot of trouble keeping it running I could not keep it on my 150 Gallon tank. I was able to get a brand new Current Usa chiller in the 1/3 Hp size with the built in uv light Wow what a difference on chillers!
I then tried it on my 75 gallon SPS & Clam tank and it could just barely keep up with it and i only have 2ea. 250 watt HQI halides on it! The cooling fan quit so I have shelved it and I have bought another new Current usa 1/4 hp chiller with the built in UV :) I hope to get it this week these units are pretty nice and very quiet I hope to get many good years of use from them. Thanks again for the tip with Tim i will probably send mine in for a fan repair...Jeff

Stang69 said:
Looks like you had the same problem I did no dirextions. I simply called PCI and they sent me a boook on it. You may also wanna check and see about an upgraded board for it. This will take you from the 4 deg variance to the 2 degree varance with no problem. I did it myself its just a matter or unplug and replug in the controller board. You will go from 4 buttoms to 3 and it simplifies things greatly.

BTW Ask for Tim at PCI

Jeff

Let us know how you like the chiller, I will be purchasing the 1/2 horsepower unit sometime soon.

Alot of Maintence Roy= No good!

I far I will never buy one of these again and i only live 3 hours away from the main Pacific Coast plant. :mad: Spent a lot of money trying to get this unit to work. Since I bought this unit I have bought a 1/4Hp USA Current unit with the built in UV light. Just a way better unit...Jeff

roy said:
Let us know how you like the chiller, I will be purchasing the 1/2 horsepower unit sometime soon.

Back