Painting back of tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

abushr

My friend is tired of the overflow box and is planning on drilling her tank. I've heard people talk about painting the back of their tanks so you don't see all the plumbing....what kind of paint is safe to use? Is it a standard glass paint or something else?

latex and roll it or you can use krylon spray paint.(works the best out of all the spray paints)

I used black 5% limo tint from Wal-Mart. You can get it in different colors if you want something other then black I think it cost 6 bucks for a role. Took like 10 minutes to put on and it wont scratch or flake off and you don’t have to prep to paint and wait for it to dry or stink up the house.

Just spray paint the back on the outside if the tank can't see through it at all and once the cordlike starts growing up the back looks great!!!

that was not my question "how easy or cheap paint is" at 3$ a can and i used 5 cans on my 55 thinking gonna need 6 on this plus the tape......i think i might go to a sign shop and get it made from vinyl....thanks for your replies

Back