Pajama Cardinalfish Brooding

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

randythereefer

I haven't been able to find out a whole lot of information on baby pajama cardinals. My male has a very distinctive mouth and I haven't seen him eating for a few days. From pictures of similar bangaii cardinals he seems to be brooding a clutch of eggs. My question is has anyone had experience rearing them? Will the babies eat brine shrimp? Also I wondered if its okay to leave them in the tank. My overflows are at the top and I have one powerhead in the tank but it has a screen over the intake. The rest of the flow comes from the return water going through my scwd from the sump. Its a 90 gallon. Inverts include SPS and LPS corals and a ritteri anemone. Other fish include 1 pair perc clowns, 1 mandarin dragonette, 1 spotted dragonette, 1 foxface rabbitfish, 1 hippo tang, 1 cobberband butterfly fish, 1 yellow watchman goby, and 1 mated pair of yellow tailed (devil) damsels. I have a rock boring sea urchin, a few peppermint shrimp, 1 tiger tailed cuke. Setup is a deep sand bed 6 inches or so plus live rock. Refugium is in the sump since I have no room over the tank. Input on rearing the pajama's are greatly appreciated.

Awesome - you'll have to let us know how things turn out. I don't know much about breeding Cardinalfish, but here is a thread with a little info from The Apprentice and Kevinpo, and I hope it helps (even though it is about Bangaii babies): Now Bangaii Babies

Back