Pet supply liquidator

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Electrokate

Hi,
anyone have experience with this vendor? Prices are amazing for bulbs... I tried doing a google search. Got the most suspicious results-forum after forum there is a nearly identical post saying how great they are. I think an employee wrote it. Check this out...

Reeftalk: "...Before i post i want to say i do not work for this company, being disable my money is tight, so i look for savings, i've been dealing with this company for years so i thought i pass this on to my fellow reefers, All i want to say the company is the best for power compact bulbs and MH, there prices are unbeatable, 17 bucks for 55 watt pc's, and there service is the best, when they say the bulbs will be at your house, you can bet it will be there, jim is the man..."

Petfish.net: "...All i want to say the company is the best for power compact bulbs and MH, there prices are unbeatable, 17 bucks for 55 watt pc's, and there service is the best, when they say the bulbs will be at your house, you can bet it will be there, jim is the man..."

Reefclub.org: "...All i want to say the company is the best for power compact bulbs and MH, there prices are unbeatable, 17 bucks for 55 watt pc's, and there service is the best, when they say the bulbs will be at your house, you can bet it will be there, jim is the man..."

Aquarealms.com "All i want to say the company is the best for power compact bulbs and MH, there prices are unbeatable, 17 bucks for 55 watt pc's, and there service is the best, when they say the bulbs will be at your house, you can bet it will be there, jim is the man..."

All the posts end with: "www.petsupplyliquidator.com 916-381-3551, thanks, once again my tank is the brightest its ever been. I'm new here i have a 75 gallon tank with a 29 gallon ecosystem, i have 330 watts of power compacts six 55 watt bulbs, i have nothing to do with this company i'm just a very satisfied customer, thought i pass the saving on to my fellow reefers. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy"

That is the full post that appears on every forum I have seen. Interesting. LOL Wonder if he has posted here too? There are many more, he's hit more forums than I knew even existed!

So how about some reviews from someone who doesn't work there? :) I need some 65 watt PC bulbs and they have them for 10 bucks on ebay. Or a tip on a reputable company with good bulbs on the cheaper side. I too am disabled and on a ridiculous budget.
Kate

Ok So here is my Story about them..

I ordered lights a long time ago... It was a 6x55w PC fixture... The company provided no tracking # or anything and it just all of a sudden showed up.. No big deal... When Opening the package there was all the bulbs and everything looked great... With the Exception of the Actinic bulbs were 20k bulbs instead... When emailing them about this They never replied and never replied... I finally get a reply saying they sent out the correct bulbs... A couple days later the same 20k bulbs show up... I sent them back another dozen or so emails and finally got a response to call them.. So I called them and was told " I thought you wanted the 20k bulbs and not the Actinic" I was like no I want the Actinics as that Is what I ordered... I have a copy of the order here... So they sent out the Replacment Actinics and told me to keep the others... About 2 months after using the Fixture the Lights died on me... I called them since I had the number and they said things happen and offered to sell me replacements for cheap.. No big deal Seemed Fair to me... I got my replacments and about 3 months later they died again... Talk about Frustration... I decided that It was probably just the bulbs being poor quality... I ordered Replacements from Hamilton and everything was fine...

During one of the Conversations about the Bulbs I told them I wanted legs for my Fixture... No biggy They wanted a few $$$ and sent them out with the bulbs... Got them and They would not fit for the life of me... I was fed up with the company... I said forget dealing with them and took the loss... After about a year or so 1 of the ballasts went bad so I called them and they sent out a new one without issues... I mentioned the Legs to them and they were like well they wont fit that fixture... Sorry... That was that...

I would highly recommend staying away from the bulbs as they are Extremely poor quality... However hamilton bulbs are somewhat inexpensive and carry a nice warranty.. They go bad you pay the difference for new bulbs.. They look so much better and last a lot longer... With PSL you will notice the Ends go completely black within a month or so...

James

I have purchased bulbs from Ocean Encounter, Custom Aquatic and Hello Lights. The only time I had a problem was with a bulb from Custom Aquatic and they reponded right away and corrected the problem. I have no complaints about anyone of the three.

Hey Kate,
I'm going to order a few bulbs from Hellolights.com this week, check them out and if you want anything let me know.

Susie :)

PSL is claiming these ARE Hamilton bulbs at 9.99 each, hence the question. I thought I recognized their name as being the most slandered in the hobby, and think it's really funny that they are posting that same stupid phrase on all the forums. "Jim is the man!" ha ha ha...

So if you see this company posting anything like that on this forum report them and we will get the poster banned. Me, I will wait, 75 bucks for 3 FW bulbs is a lot and I have more pressing things to spend money on, will probably try and get them with store credit later on when I have some RBTA divisions to trade in.
Thanks,
Kate

I have purchased the 2X13W PC "hoods" from them for a refugium. I waited a week, no arrival, finally emailed them and they apparantly had forgotten (no big deal). I never got a tracking number or anything, and communication was pretty poor. However, I did recieve my product and was fairly pleased with it. I will admit that the construction of the fixture was cheaply done, but for its purposes, it worked quite well.

So, I suppose my opinions are mixed. You get what you pay for aye...

Take er easy
Scott T.

Back