PETA & Sea Kittens

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Wow I mean Wow. That is a bit much!!! Please stop it already is PETA Joking? What about the millions of suffering HUMANS out there and they are worrying about fish? I mean I love my pet fish but I also love my fish and chips too!!!

Wait until they find out that we have live rock. Is it going to be called the reef owl. Is that too far fetched. Who would have ever thought of reef kittens. Oh well lets see whats next.....

Returnofsid, you are right PETA is a PITA (Pain In the ___)
wait, doesn't PETA stand for: People Eating Tasty Animals?

YES, fishing and putting a hook in a cats mouth and dragging it down the road behind a car are equal and cause the same amount of pain/damage...
***get a towel, b/c i'm dripping with sarcasm***

Well I think Ill start a campaign to save Pirates and call it Sea Dogs, for the more tender folk ILl call it Sea puppies. Geez what else those idiots come up with.

Well my motto is (quoting Findng Nemo here): Fish are friends, not food., but that's just because I can't stand the taste or smell of fish. I do agree they are smart though and I care enough about my fish to get really distressed when something happens to them and they all have names.

I don't think renaming a fish a sea kitten will do anything for how they are treated though. Their primary use is obviously (food), just not for me. I do disagree with catch and release fishing though. I think it's wrong to make any fish suffer just for the fun of catching a fish. I say get out there with a net, lol.

Anyway, some countries eat dogs (for all I know cats too), so in my opinion, the whole idea of calling fish sea kittens to try and pursuade people to think differently about them is a little odd.

Plus cats and kittens are treated worse than dogs in my opinion. The shelters won't even hold cats anymore if they have too many. They just euthenize them. They don't do that with dogs (in Spokane anyway). That whole thing upset me. Both cats and dogs should have a holding period of at least a week to try and reconnect them with their owner, but that's another topic...

I don't see people killing fish because there's too many of them. Duh, they're a useful animal for food, they maintain our oceans and in our case, they are our pets.

Well my motto is (quoting Findng Nemo here): Fish are friends, not food., but that's just because I can't stand the taste or smell of fish. I do agree they are smart though and I care enough about my fish to get really distressed when something happens to them and they all have names.

I don't think renaming a fish a sea kitten will do anything for how they are treated though. Their primary use is obviously (food), just not for me. I do disagree with catch and release fishing though. I think it's wrong to make any fish suffer just for the fun of catching a fish. I say get out there with a net, lol.

Anyway, some countries eat dogs (for all I know cats too), so in my opinion, the whole idea of calling fish sea kittens to try and pursuade people to think differently about them is a little odd.

Plus cats and kittens are treated worse than dogs in my opinion. The shelters won't even hold cats anymore if they have too many. They just euthenize them. They don't do that with dogs (in Spokane anyway). That whole thing upset me. Both cats and dogs should have a holding period of at least a week to try and reconnect them with their owner, but that's another topic...

I don't see people killing fish because there's too many of them. Duh, they're a useful animal for food, they maintain our oceans and in our case, they are our pets.

I totally agree with you. Just to add to this. on this side of the mountains. Dogs are killed if a shelter has too many (depending on the shelter). In addition some shelters with ostracize a dog simply based on its breed and just like cats there in spokane will not even be given a chance. Personally for me that has always been my biggest quam with most shelters as I own and am very attached to a American pit which 9 times out of 10 aren't even given a chance simply because they are what they are.

Tom

Back