pH not going down

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Saltyfish

Banned
I have a CR and my pH is not going down it is at 7.3 even if I shut of the drips to the tank it does not lower.

Yes the CO2 is open and feeding the CR.

Any ideas where I should look first?

well this lead to a mess of problems and I am so gald I have an Aqua controller.

So I cal the probe
Got the pH moving up and down and down and down and down HOLD IT that is too far down.

My switch on the bottle was stuck open. Took it all apart, cleaned it and noticed it does not fully close. Ok I think that is just left over in the chamber, I hope but I will look at it tomorrow more, at least now it snaps back up and stops most of it.

Currently at 6.78 so it is within limits to be on.

Ok I am happy to report eveything is functioning correctly.

I believe the Aqua Controller III Pro I have it better than ever.

My ORP is moving up and down, my pH is up and down and the temp is spot on.

Who knew by calibrating my pH in the aqua controller would help so much!!!

Thanks for the advise it worked wonders!

inside the calcium reactor it is running 6.35 to 6.5 to break down the media.

I had people tell me they run at 6 to 7.0 so I am trying to run in the middle of everyone until I find out what works for me.

Okay, I got ya. I have heard that the new CRs come with a ph probe port but had forgotten all about it. BTW, don't get rid of your AquaController III. Darn nice controller. I just did when I upgraded to the Apex. Kicking myself in the butt now. Apex is a piece of crap right now but has potentual down the road.

yeah I have plans on keeping the AC for a long time. That is why I got the pro III with all the bells on it. Ok I did not get the DO probe but I am thinking about it when I build the 630 in a year or two.

Back