Phasezero's LED 20 Long Mixed Reef - Tons of Pictures

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

phasezero

This is my 20g Mixed Nano which i share with my fiance. It is our 3rd and most recent tank so it tends to get hand me downs of spare equipment and corals we don't have room for
or no longer want in our main tanks. Due to this fact, it's probably been through 10 aquascapes since we started the tank. Here is the run down of equipment and some pictures.

-EQUIPMENT-
Tank: Rimless 20g purchased from barrier reef
Filtration: Hydor Nano Skimmer
Aquaclear 70 with InTank media basket + DIY surface skimmer
Chaeto + submersible fuge light
Chemipure Elite
Heating: Aqueon 50 Watt
Flow: Hydor Koralia 2
Lighting: Kessil A150W Sky Blue 10k

-FISH-
Painted Angler - aka BOWSER
Marble Mouthed Frogfish - aka MUSHU

Here is a picture of how it used to look this last summer when i housed a clownfish. The tank during this time could RTN an acro faster than you can blink.
This is when i was still learning alot about the hobby in general. In case you're wondering, that's not a toadstool on the left, that was my dying RBTA lol.
It ended up shriveling to the size of a coke can. The tank was using ghetto rigged 2x24 aquatic life t5 on top of bars from a Wii rockband drum set.

316951_10150271477407549_554147548_7966026_634586_n.jpg

No fear, i saved the anemone by moving it to my stable 55.
Anemone2SonyCamera018.jpg

Here is how the tank sits today. I found it hard to take pictures using my normal sony camera, so i had to use my cellphone. I think then color is pretty close to what my eyes are seeing, but the pictures show
the tank dimmer than it really is.

NanoTank001.jpg

NanoTank012.jpg

NanoTank010.jpg

NanoTank009.jpg

036-2.jpg

037.jpg

Here are some pictures of Bowser and Mushu who currently reside in the tank.
018-2.jpg

028-1.jpg

mushuswims028.jpg

Very nice!!! Great shots especially the one with the anemone hosting the clown! Thanks for sharing. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet. Thanks for the pics. I've got that same clownfish., is it more or less behaved with the nem? that skimmer is in my 20L's sump...it works well.

Sweet. Thanks for the pics. I've got that same clownfish., is it more or less behaved with the nem? that skimmer is in my 20L's sump...it works well.

My cinnamon clown fish is a real turd. This particular cinnamon will tolerate it's tank mates for the most part other than a charge once in a while at my chromis and azure damsel. My 4" clarkii is a different story, anything wearing stripes in the same tank has a death wish. I had to get rid of my convict tang because of it. I don't know if it was the anemone, or introducing a male to pair with, maturing, or some sort of combination, but my cinnamon clown absolutely hates me. I can't work inside my tank without getting startled by my clown charging at my hands and tail whipping me. It will pace side to side inches away from my hand the whole time. Thank goodness it hasn't used it's teeth to draw blood yet. Perhaps when it gets bigger it might.

Outstanding shots, love your nem!

Thanks, unfortunately the anemone didn't stay that way. I'll never understand what determines it's bubblyness but it's recovery was the only time it ever bubbled. It's back to it's long stringy tentacles, just like when i first purchased it from the store. It's huge now though, i'm talking 12", even after i ripped a chunk off while i was aqua-scaping. Ended up making a new small anemone by accident.

Ya my cinn. clown chases my copperband to the back of the tank! No nem, im afraid he will be way territorial than.

Beautiful tank man! I love nano tanks. I have a 30 gallon carpet nem tank. Which I am not sure is a nano anymore lol. I used to have a 10 gallon nano until it sprung a leak. then it went into a 20 and now is in a 46 bow. But I have been thinking a nice 10 gallon mini maxi tank might be the ticket. I really like your frogfish. They don't mind a nano huh? it makes sense and really quite the centerpiece.

Last edited:
Back