Phosban & Algae

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

scubajames

I have two questions for you.

The first is what phosban do you perfer to use?

Over the last couple of days I've had this algae growing on some of my rocks, It's brown and looks kind of velvety, it's just sort of matted it's self over 2 of my rocks. so my question is, what is it & how can I get rid of it?

Ok sorry three Questions

Thanks for all the help.

Phosban is a brand of gfo, I prefer rowa. If its just slimy and blows right off its probably cyano. More flow to that area will help.

Don

Personally, I like the phosban.

Another question, how long has your tank been up and has it cycled? From what you briefly describe, Don is probably right, increase your flow for cyano

hmm i'm using PhosBan (by Julian Sprungs or however you spell his name :p) in my phosban reactor .

hmm brown and kind of velvety eh??? it might be cyano dood (mine is on the redish side though :p)

have you check your water parameters? i agree with Don, increasing your flow will help :) .

My tanks been running for over a year, It just doesn't seem like cyano but you guys know more than me, I thought I already had enough flow in that area. but I'll try blowing it off tonight and moving my nozzles.
Thanks for the help, It's always nice to know that there's someone on this site that has the knowledge & willingness to help.

Any way to get a pic of the algae?? May be real easy to ID:) As for the phosban, I use Julian Spring's formula in a Two Little Fish Phosban reactor and I've been quite pleased with the results thus far:)

Back