Pic limit to small

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mjslaugh

Okay, I know this is mostly my own fault because my camera is shooting at 12 MP so every shot comes out at 600 to 800 kb depending on where I have it set, but the point is to dumb it down to 100 turns it into a blur. Also I would gladly pay for a membership if it would give me the ability to upload the photos that I want to, but 200 isn't any better than 100. So that is my suggestion up the limit or at least provide an option for people to do that I mean the total limits are fine, but the per pic limit is ridiculous.

Try windows powertoys picture resizer. Free and simple, right click and resize.

Don

We have limits because our site is not primarily a photo repository :)

There are plenty of photo resizers that will do a photo justice without blurring out the image. 640x480 size is plenty of a size to use for web viewing and pictures of that size can easily be sized to below our limits.

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8240

Feel free to use a photo site like imageshack or flickr or whatever if you feel it necessary to store large picture files on a server.

I use photobucket, you don't have to put in a cell phone number at the end of registering, that is only for the upgraded part...
it also works for craiglist.
you can put more than four pix on craigslist that way...
Stephen

I am using photobucket and that is working great for inserting into thread, My issue is with the personal gallery, which I had wanted to start until the size limit.

I have been trying to resize my images with Adobe PhotoShop and with that by the time it is below 100k it is very low resolution.

Photoshop is not a great tool to use for resizing down to lower file sizes I have found. The tools in the thread I linked to work pretty well. As long as you aren't trying to resize a 3000 pixel image.

I use a mac and a program called image tricks seems to do a great job.

Back