Picasso pics after a year

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Tieg

Well its been almost a year since we bought these little buggers....
IMG_0881_Vga.JPG

And now these are what they look like.....

Picasso_11.JPG

Picasso_2.JPG

Picasso_3.JPG

I'm really impressed with the colors they've come into. I've hesitated on picking up a pair of picasso's because they weren't the deep orange that I really like in clown fish. Now that I've seen the potential of this fish you've got me thinking again.

I'm really impressed with the colors they've come into. I've hesitated on picking up a pair of picasso's because they weren't the deep orange that I really like in clown fish. Now that I've seen the potential of this fish you've got me thinking again.

I was the same way when I first saw them at the fish store. I was thinking...these are not the picassos I usually see....but was assured by the LFS owner they would darken up considerably when they get older. Sure enough they have. Took them about 3-4 months but they really started to get their "True Colors" :)

True perculas are really amazing when they do show their colors.

They will tend to get darker, and eventually outline their white bars with black (or black completely between the white bars). Of course, not everything is in the genes, as quality foods and water quality, and lighting help bring out their colors.

You have a nice looking pair!

Best,
Ilham

Back