pictures and places like ImageShack

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mfinn

Surgeonfish
I was wondering if when you store your pictures on places like ImageShack and Photobucket and use them on threads on forums like RF, do the pictures disappear from RF if you delete the pictures from your account at the photo hosting sites?

I've used ImageShack for many years and am having trouble staying under their photo limit for free.
If they had a one time fee, I might consider it, but not a yearly subscription.
I'm really not looking to change. I very comfortable using ImageShack, just wondering if the older pictures I've used in threads will go away if I delete them on ImageShack when I need to make room for the new ones?

Guess I'll try a experiment.
Post a picture and then delete it from ImageShack.

chalice1.jpg

Yes they do dissappear
They will also dissappear if you change the name of the album they are stored in or change the name of the pic or move the pic from one album to another.

Yes they do dissappear
They will also dissappear if you change the name of the album they are stored in or change the name of the pic or move the pic from one album to another.

That's not quite right, as far as I know anyway. On Flickr, I can change the name of a photo, or change the name of an album that a photo is stored in, without it effecting that particular photo, on any forums. However, if I move or remove that photo, it would effect the forum post that photo has been posted in.

Let me make sure my above statement is correct...lol

7910882724_7dda42ed55_b.jpg

Now I'll go change the name of this particular photo, in Flickr...

Yes, it worked. I was able to change the name, with no effect.

However, my Pro Flickr Account actually expires today. If I don't renew it, a whole lot of my photos will disappear from the forums...lol.

I did find that the picture from here was removed after I posted it here and then went to ImageShack and deleted it there.

Must be a photobucket thing then becuase, I changed the name of the folder/album that my pics were in and all the pics disappeared off the forum.

Back