PinPoint PH Monitor

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Stang69

OFR!
Ok Mine is eating batteries quick. I wanted to go to a ac adapter so went to Radio shack and the one they sold me made it flux up and down in an crazy fashion so I returned it. This is the old style and I also don't know exactly how to calibrate it any ideas guys?

Jeff

Does it have two little screws / pots in the face?
Do you have calibration solution 7 and 10?
Was your Radio Shack wall wart regulated?

Don

No screws no the front or back. The ac adapter I plugged right on to the 9 volt plug for the battery the ac adapter i got was 300 mili amp I think is how you say it.

I do have the cal fluid I have bothe 7 and 10

Just wanted a heads up b4 I opened them

Jeff

hey Jeff, when I cal'd that thing last time I seem to remember the pots were on the circuit card where you can see it when you have the battery out of it. I did cal it right before I gave it back to a brand new probe, so it should be pretty close. If you don't leave it on all the time the battery will last forever. Just turn it on for a minuite when you need it and that is that.

Also, did you change the location where it was before... try to plug it away from the tank? make it in your bedroom... as in away... is it still doing it....

Mine did that a long time ago... and it is because of interference with my Icecap ballast...

Mine has done the same. Called American Marine and they said as Ketchupoy did. They can get interferrance from some Lighting ballasts. Take a water sample away from the ballasts and see if it still does it.
Take Care,

Back