Pistol makes an appearance!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I recently rehomed my beautiful Gold Striped Maroon Clownfish and Purple Sebae Anemone.
2935072076_93c3fe4e7c_b.jpg

It was a hard decision to make, but the GSM was constantly burying any corals within it's "personal space." It's personal space and my idea of it's personal space were very different. I got tired of constantly moving Zoanthids further away, only to find out that the GSM still didn't think they were far enough away...lol.

Well, the other day, another added benefit appeared...literally. My Pistol Shrimp/Watchman Goby almost always were in hiding. Their hole happened to be behind and kind of under the Sebae. The GSM probably had something to do with the secretiveness of the shrimp and goby. In the absence of the GSM and Sebae, the two must feel more bold. The pictures aren't that great because the Pistol Shrimp is digging and throwing sand everywhere.

3318461394_824f5f4acf_b.jpg

3318460320_e4e0302854_b.jpg

3318447216_ce58a80619_b.jpg

3318444956_25b7c4b3e9_b.jpg

3318438958_523a195cd0_b.jpg

Last edited:
What wonderful pictures! I have a bullseye that I have heard for 6 years, son bought it for me as a "reef lobster"
Only seen it since went bare bottom: up through the bottom of the tank

they look great Mike, I guess I was lucky when they were in my tank, their burrows were always right up front:)

Hiya Jake. Good seeing you!! I think my GSM harassed them into hiding too much. They're sure happy now!! LOL I bet seeing them brings back some wonderful memories huh? J/K. All that digging, sand everywhere, worrying about corals getting buried....rocks falling....lol. Nah, they're an awesome pair!! You raised them well!!

looks like the goby's taking the pistol under its wing(fin) lol looks really good i hope my GSM isnt gonna be a meanie like that on my new setup well see

Back