Placement of anenome?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

deshoyt

(Sorry I moved this post from another thread)

Where is the best place to put an anenome? We bought a long tenacled anenome, a smaller one, and last night we placed it on one of our rocks and this morning it was laying on the sand below. Is it best placed on rocks or sand? I want to make sure my clown enjoys it. Thanks, Desiree

Just let it find its own home. It will open and close and bounce around till it finds the light and flow that meet its needs.

Just let it find its own home. It will open and close and bounce around till it finds the light and flow that meet its needs.

I agree...They hardly ever stay where you put them and will find where they like best in the tank. :)

My LTA used to like to hang out at the bottom of the rock pile in the sand. It would never stay where I put it and my maroon clowns harassed it so much it was always on the move.
Good luck

Okay-I am so happy! My clown just finally discovered our anenome (3 weeks!). Is it okay for the clown to nudge and roll him around the whole tank? We have tried digging him down in the sand a little, he never stays. We tried placing in a nice secure spot on a rock, didn't happen. Will it harm the anenome if he gets pushed around all the time? Also, we were thinking about getting a slightly bigger anenome, is it fine to have more than one? My cleaner shrimp was the only one showing any interest in the anenome at first, but now it's kinda funny to watch Nemo be protective and shoo him away from "his" anenome. Thanks, Desiree

The fish is probibly trying to get the anenome to stay in one spot. best to just leave it alone and it will find a place that it thinks is best. I would hold off another one, they get pretty big and you would eventually end up with a battle.

Mike

I am actually getting pretty good at playing the watching and waiting game. Thanks for the help-Desiree

Okay-it has been almost a month now and my anenome has not set up a permanent home in my tank. If you all tell me not to worry I won't. Also, should I be feeding my anenome anything else besides mysis or brine shrimp. I had read something about peeled shrimp from the grocery store...? Anyone else do this? Thanks-Desiree PS... MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

My anemone enjoys frozen krill (defrosted in tank water), small pieces of scallops (but they get expensive), and small pieces of silversides, although I have read that some silversides can be toxic due to low quality (???)

Back