Playing with the camera

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

fishoutofwater

Here are some shots I took today. What cameras are everyone using for those great shots? Inquiring minds want to know. Mine is a Pentax optio A40 12MP. Nothing fancy. Would like to upgrade someday.

Enjoy

fishtankapril8003.jpg

fishtankapril8004.jpg

fishtankapril8018.jpg

fishtankapril8020.jpg

fishtankapril8017.jpg

fishtankapril8012.jpg

fishtankapril8009.jpg

fishtankapril8013.jpg

fishtankapril8028.jpg

fishtankapril8029.jpg

fishtankapril8026.jpg

fishtankapril8021.jpg

I recently purchased a Canon 50D. Cool, but I have a lot to learn. What I know for sure is that I need a different lens, so the Canon 100 macro is on the way! Looking forward to that next week. Now I just need to grow more coral, I have 1000 pictures of my half dozen little frags and two clowns :)

I really like that you got the green in the hammer! I am still trying to sort out some color issues. I guess I'll have to take a class.

i have been pleased with the camera I have. We got it a year ago and its a 150 dollar camera and it does some descent pics. it does have a macro and super macro function that seems to function well. I would always like a nicer more of a sports type action camera. Just dont know where to start.

Last edited:
http://www.dpreview.com
That is where I started.
They have all sorts of reviews and are very well respected among camera buffs.
I'm not much of a photographer, but at least I know it isn't the camera's fault!

Love the pics, I need to talk the wife into letting me get a better camera then my point and shoot Sony.

Nice job! I see all the great pictures that people take with point and shoot cameras and wish I could do as well with the new one. Practice I guess, that and the macro!
I (like most newbies) have some decent shots of my clowns, and one or two that are not terrible of my little frags. Perhaps my skills will grow with my coral, probably at about the same rate :)

Ha! I could stay a bad photographer and get really good at photoshop! That is more my gig anyway :)

I recently purchased a Canon 50D. Cool, but I have a lot to learn. What I know for sure is that I need a different lens, so the Canon 100 macro is on the way! Looking forward to that next week. Now I just need to grow more coral, I have 1000 pictures of my half dozen little frags and two clowns :)

You will love the 100mm macro!!! I use it on my 40D.

all my pics are a point and shoot in macro mode but i cant get a fts for the life of me and nice pics i use a tripod to get mine takes time to get them right and mine still don't look as good as every one but i try

Back