Please help ID a hitchiker

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Romewhip

Damsel Fan
The picture is terrible, I'm not sure it'll be any use at all.
I have two hitchikers on some recently acquired live rock. There's lots of feather dusters both red and white on it, and too much hair algae which will occupy some of my time now. I don't know what this small thing is- it's about 1/4 to 1/2 inch long and has several larger tentacles. Then it has some smaller tentacles, and extends on a tube out of a crevice in the rock. The tips of the larger tentacles are a pale blue, the rest is pretty much transparent. It's the only one I have found. It doesn't look at all like aiptasia, either.
I also have another hitchiker that I can't identify. I thought maybe it was a bleached tiny anemone, but I'm not so sure. I can't get a remotely usable picture, sorry. It's about 2inches around, has short tentacles on the outer edges, and is pure snow white. It's slightly ruffled, and attached to the top of a piece of rock. It retracts into a ball on a foot, but opens up pretty quickly. I will try feeding it Cyclopeeze as soon as I can find some, but I'm not sure if it is some sort of pseudorhodactis- it's definitely not a ball tip type.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Pic is too blurry for me to make out what it is. Maybe someone else has an idea.

Back