Please identify and help with a few questions.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

risin

I have a few questions about some of the happenings in my aquarium. Thanks in advance for looking.

1. What is this? It is in the sand, stringy, moves and stretches it's tentacles, and doesn't seem to harm anything.
stringy1.JPG
stringy2.JPG

2. I have these baby snails appearing in my tank. Is this bad?
babysnail1.JPG
babysnail2.JPG

I acquired these snails recently. Are they responsible for the babies?
snail1.JPG
snail2.JPG
snail3.JPG

3. I have this white sponge growing, over the last 6 months it has greatly increased in size. Is this ok?
sponge1.JPG
sponge2.JPG

Hi, risin! Don't know what the first pic is, sorry. Pic #2 looks to be Collonista snails. The next pic are nassarius snails. Good sand sifters. And the last pic, #4, is a sponge. Harmless filter feeder. :)

Thanks, the first pics are my biggest concern, I want to know if they are safe or not...

As for the baby Collonista snails, A LOT of them come out at night, is this ok? or do I have to worry about them over running my tank?

Thanks, the first pics are my biggest concern, I want to know if they are safe or not...

As for the baby Collonista snails, A LOT of them come out at night, is this ok? or do I have to worry about them over running my tank?

The snails are a good thing. As for the first pic I can't tell what it is. algae??
cheers

The first pic probably is a spaghetti worm, although I thought they were white. Maybe they come in all different colors. All of the snails are harmless and quite beneficial.

Back