poll on best heater for in sump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

BobinCovington

I just had my titanium heater go out on me. What is the best and most dependable heater to use in a sump application (mounted on its side, completely submersed)? Personally, I only have about 14" of space so some of the longer heaters may not fit. I will be using a heater controller, but I think I can use a heater with it's thermostat set at 79 degrees right?

I'd like to hear some good feedback...thanks everyone

I like ebo-jager heaters, though there are many that are fine.
I consider it best to have the top out of the water and the bottom supported. This way, the tube can not fall off. Temp controllers are well worth the money as most heater's thermostats are garbage

I like ebo-jager heaters, though there are many that are fine.
I consider it best to have the top out of the water and the bottom supported. This way, the tube can not fall off. Temp controllers are well worth the money as most heater's thermostats are garbage

Ditto! I have had ebo jagers last 20 years.

i think its wise to split the heaters down to 2 or 3 smaller ones...

have them all set the same... so if one gets stuck on.. it will struggle to over heat the tank.

and if one gets stuck off.. the other 2 or 1 will struggle to keep up.

Jager... is the new EBO.. if you can find the old green ebo's they are the best..
but also i use stealth...

2x150
one jager and one stealth

Jager heaters are great ,but if your like me messing around or cleaning your sump all the time, becareful with them I have had a few break or shatter from there glass enclosures, thankfully have nt had any probs with my 2 Won bros titans on my acjr controller for about 2 years now "looking for a piece of wood to knock on"lol, But the stealth heaters might be something you might want to consider to.

I only have about 14" for a heater in the sump. I will be using a controller. Right now choices are
Visi therm stealth 200W
another Titanium element
others??

I like the Jagermiesters myself but have heard bad reports about the transition heaters. Don't trust any heater and plug them into a controller, that way if they go bad they lose power.

I use twin stealth 200w in a 210 gallon. I like the idea of a back up if one stops working and if one goes in overdrive it won’t get out of control too fast.

Back