Poll: What is the longest time frame you have had a single fish live for?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

What is the longest time frame you have had a single fish live for?

• 0-3 Years

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • 4-6 Years

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • 7-10 Years

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Longer than 10 years (state how long)

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • I no longer have this fish because it died

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I no longer have this fish because I got rid of it

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I currently still have this fish

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters

Krish

RF STAFF
This will be a two part poll so vote for both options. The first part will be on the longest time frame you have had a single fish live for and then secondly, why you no longer have the fish (or if the fish you have had for the longest time frame is actually still living). If you'd like to discuss it and post up what type of fish you kept the longest, please feel free to do so. :)

I've had FW fish over ten years and ended up giving them up because of the size. SW fish over 5 years, then sold them off. Oh and yes I've lost my share also!

I got my first sw fish in june or july of 2009. I still have them. The clowns were young when I got them. maybe only a couple years old at most. The pajama cardinal however has got to be in his prime. He is huge at a good 3.5" long. So no telling how old he is. I've given away or traded a few fish, but I still have most all that I have gotten. I have lost a few too. Not from the lack of trying to save them. :(
Is there an average life expectancy chart on marine fish? Are they like parrots and live for 80 some years?

This poll is black text on very dark blue background. Practically invisible unless highlighted

Also the poll title is not readable, as the text has the same colors as the banner it is overlayed on

This poll is black text on very dark blue background. Practically invisible unless highlighted

Also the poll title is not readable, as the text has the same colors as the banner it is overlayed on

Must be something with the settings on your pc. Everything is normal on my end. Which skin are you using?? Are you using the one that says, "--Reef"

was just mentioning it incase you guys wanted to fix website bugs

Cool man..I think they may still be working on things so I guess we'll see what happens. :)

Is there an average life expectancy chart on marine fish? Are they like parrots and live for 80 some years?

LOL! I have no idea! I know Chuck (MtnDewMan) had a pair of clowns that were over 20 years old so some species do live for quite some time. :)

My halfmoon angel is now pushing 13.5 years old with another 10 years plus coming.

He is aquacultured from southern coastal Taiwan.

Red-C

I had a sixline for a year and half. Went on vacation and left my roommate in charge, bad idea she didn't top off or feed for a week(she said she did, I'm calling BS though, the tank was 1/3 empty). Not a good combo for a 10 gallon nano. The fish made the jump in hopes of finding a better place, it didn't work

13 years with a six line wrasse--went blind, +12yrs and going....foxface rabbit, 10yrs Blue tang KIA by Sohal that I'm second owner and he was 6" +4yrs ago and now 9" grumpy and still growing...lol. Otherwise I average 5-10 on most fish...if they don't commit suicide or get death by Sohal.

Must be something with the settings on your pc. Everything is normal on my end. Which skin are you using?? Are you using the one that says, "--Reef"

I don't like that background... makes it to 3'd and hard to focus just on the forum. So if you're using newreef skin then the poll is VERY dark.

I had a moontail betta live for 5 years he was an awesome fish, black and purpe with pink tips

I now have a fireclown for 16 or 17 years, My oldest fish was an 18 year old cusk eel that died in an accident.
I have had a figure eight puffer in salt water for 12 years and one of my first fish was a percula clown. He was 12. That was in the 70s.

IMG_1227.jpg

Last edited:
had large maroon clownfish for 5 yrs..it died due to marine velvet from a threadfin butterfly i introduced in my 90g..this was 10yrs ago

Good poll Krish!

I had freshwater fish that lived over ten years. My first saltwater fish after moving from NY was a yellowtailed damsel I bought 8 years ago and Rhodes19 has now in his system. Im told all my corals in NY are still in the display tank I left them in along with a Jewl Tang I put in there when I moved. There still waiting for me to come get my live stock! LOL :)

Back