Possible ich and bad pod? picture

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

sedrostyle

Hi everyone I got a royal gramma from petco that everything was good eating goo. Then one day he was hiding. The next day when I finnaly dug him out he was swimming upside down had like a rot under his belly and spot just I front of his back fin. He unfortunately didn't make it. Now yesterday I noticed my clown has white specs almost ich like. I have been feedig him more just to see if he gets better. But I noticed today my corals aren't as happy either. Also I have had these pods of Idk what they are if someone could identify them. Thank u guys. Should I treat my clown as if he has ich with meds and such?

Can you post up your water param? If you dont know them, we cant help. Run some test! We will be better educated to help you figure out what to do next.

Sorry about your gramma

Water has been pretty good for the life of the tank. About 4 months. I feed with mysis shrimp twice a day. Ph has been 8.2 or higherAmonia and nitrites always zeroNitrates have always been good I was testing once a week then when I knew the bioload because I do a 5 gal water change once a week and a 10 gallon once a month.I'll have to admit I got lazy with the testing for a few weeks after I knew.It wasn't until after I noticed the royal was Mia that I tested and found probably 30 to 40ppm of nitrates.Like I said it was already too late he was sick and lost it fast. Weird thing was he was good there for 24days according to my receipt. Always run a temp of 76-79 Always run a salinity of 1.025 just cuz it evaporates so fast in a 29 and within a few days it's a 26 where I like. I use coral pro salt.I only have 2 zoas combined probably have 18heads and A yuma that I fragged 2 months ago their healthy and probably back to almost quarter size now. They look goodBut like I said the zoas do not seem to be as happy. Umm anything else just let me know

Oh and the pods are pineapple sponges. We're good :)

Is that a type of Pod? or Sponge?

Not sure what caused your fish to go belly up. Lee may be of some help.
But as for your corals not looking good, IMO the system is not very stable and your water quality had been poor due to the dead fish

My guess is that the dead fish cause water parameters to go south which cause stress in the tank, which causes ich to emerge..

Diagnosis is most important. "Ich like" is not good enough. Do you think it is Marine Ich or not? If you do, take the appropriate action. This link will help you diagnose and, if it is Marine Ich, will tell you what to do: http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/f15/curing-fish-marine-ich-50933/

Sounds like the last fish you added brought in a parasite or something with it. If it is Marine Ich, then this parasite will attack sick fish, healthy fish, and all fishes in between. It is not an opportunistic parasite (one that only attacks sick or stressed fishes). It's an obligate parasite (meaning it can only attack fishes and can attack any of them in any condition).

If you get photos posted that are up close and clear, we can help with diagnosis.

Good luck!

Back