Post your best lies!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish

RF STAFF
ANYONE (unless your spouse/significant other is just as enthusiastic about your aquarium as you are) has told some sort of lie, fib, "stretched the truth" a bit etc just to get past a good tongue lashing from your significant other :lol:. Let's hear how far some of you have taken it. :)

Here's mine...

My wife looking at my credit card charge: "What the hell did you order from Premium Aquatics again!!" :mad:
Me: "Ordered?? :confused:. Oh yea (busted :oops: ) Umm..I had to order another pump for the tank because I can't get rid of this dead spot. Once I get this last thing though that will be it. This is the only missing piece" :lol:

Last edited:
I think its best to err on the side of omission and lack of attention. If you don't hear the question you don't have to answer, this takes skill not for newly weds. Omission is easy, pray she doesn't ask so you don't have to pretend you didn't hear the question. If all else fails just tell her but not until after you buy the gizmo. Its much easier to pay for your sins than be deprived of your toys. Then there is the double pay method, this works well with younger women dont try it after 20 years of marriage. Wait until she buys something like a jacket or other useless women stuff then pounce and make the purchase as fast as you can. This gets quite expensive so be prepared for her purchase also.

Don

Last edited:
Don has got it down to a science! When does your book come out? I want an autographed copy! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don has got it down to a science! When does your book come out? I want an autographed copy! :lol:

Krish buddy you just dont get it,.... someday. The first rule is to never publish this sort of stuff. Once its out they will spread the word like wild fire and it will no longer be of any benefit. Its like the secret "how to get out of laundry" scam. Some dumb idiot got drunk and told a women at a bar and by morning it was all over the world. Shame that guy had to die such a humiliating death for breaking the man code.

Don

Krish buddy you just dont get it,.... someday. The first rule is to never publish this sort of stuff. Once its out they will spread the word like wild fire and it will no longer be of any benefit. Its like the secret "how to get out of laundry" scam. Some dumb idiot got drunk and told a women at a bar and by morning it was all over the world. Shame that guy had to die such a humiliating death for breaking the man code.

Don

LOL!!! Breaking the man code would be giving your significant other your RF password or leaving your RF account open on the screen. That way, they will really know that you didn't need that new piece of equipment for your tank, but rather just a new gadget that just came out that you just had to have LOL!

LOL!!! Breaking the man code would be giving your significant other your RF password or leaving your RF account open on the screen. That way, they will really know that you didn't need that new piece of equipment for your tank, but rather just a new gadget that just came out that you just had to have LOL!

No that's just stupidity.

Don

No that's just stupidity.

Don

:rofl:

My wife wouldn't know where to begin if she had to browse RF! LOL!! She knows how to check online banking though so any charge made on my credit card she sees. She checks our accounts a few times a day! If I buy her something for her birthday etc on my credit card, I have to tell her not to check my credit card account online until after her birthday so that she won't spoil the surprise as to where I shopped. I wonder why women get control of all the money :confused:. I have to explain why I need a skimmer, but we have a perfectly working refrigerator, but she wanted a stainless steel one to match her stainless steel stove and there it sits all pretty in the kitchen almost 3k later. Now I'm hearing wood floors in the bedroom because the rest of the house has it. :rolleyes:. I don't want to hear any crap when I get this new tank!! :mad: (but don't tell her I said that :lol: )

Last edited:
Haha!
I dont tell my husband anything either. I just order it, unpack it and put it away. He never notices most things. Its a month later and he is looking at the tank and says "how long has that coral been there?" Now if you know my husbands condition, you will understand how I get away with saying "I just moved it from the other tank a couple days ago!" Or "Oh, I traded another piece of coral for that with so and so a couple days ago!" He's always seeing new stuff and some of it has actually been in the tank for a year or so.
He's getting better though so he's catching the new stuff faster. He actually doesnt mind my spending on this hobby. I'm not spending his money! And its not like I am buying shoes or other useless women stuff!!! ;)

I lied to the wife...told her I had to use the turkey baster right then to blow off the rocks or things would die. Then I forgot to buy her a new one. Not easy trying to find someplace open to get one on Thanksgiving morning. I've since given up on lying. I just tell her my plans and let her get mad at me then instead of later.

I lied to the wife...told her I had to use the turkey baster right then to blow off the rocks or things would die. Then I forgot to buy her a new one. Not easy trying to find someplace open to get one on Thanksgiving morning. I've since given up on lying. I just tell her my plans and let her get mad at me then instead of later.

That is not a lie its reasonable omission. You told the truth, had you not blown off the rocks you would have been contributing to excess detritus saturation of the live rock and things will die when the LR is a plugged up and nitrite levels climb to high. Forgetting to buy the new turkey baster well.......... you have to set president early on in the relationship so that she understands your a forgetful moron. Once you show this enough she will learn to forgive your programmed faults.

Don

Ok Mike...How about post your best deception? Lol!!! :boink:
When I had to sell the old 180 sps tank off to cover some med bills, I told Karen what a relief it was being free of all the stress and maintainance. Truth was, I really had a hard time parting with my pets, the fish bot as juvis and raised to adult within the reef. Ditto with the colonies that had filled the tank. Was my favorite ever system, but I think I prefer the wife :>)

Man Code... MAN CODE??????????? Krish come on dude, you are more mature than that.

Back