Post Your Underwater Vids of Tanks, Tank Diving 101

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Somethings Fishy

I see pics of coral and fish all the time but you don't often see a good vid of tanks underwater! Lets see your tanks from the perspective of the fish inside!

40gal seaclear 20gal sump
250MH/4 39w T5 actinic/ 2x 7w led moon light,

lets see your vids!

I use a tachyon xc HD happy with it so far, i like that there is no case you have to put it in to be waterproof. do you have a hemet cam?

I tried this with my GoPro HD last month but the angle of the lens refracts light weird under water and it wasn't very sharp :(

do you still have the vid you shot? throw it up on the site! maybe if you shot the vid with softer light like maybe just actinic? the gopros are nice units, i have a buddy who has one and has made some nice vids with it.

MrGone,

I would be interested in viewing it. Would give me something to compare to Something Fishy's vid.

All i have to say is WOW!!!! your sps look great! how long have you had your tank up and running? everything looks so well formed, and HOLY CLAMS haha how many do you have??? also what camera where you using???

Haha - thanks, the camera "was" one of the sanyo xacti waterproof cameras. Supposed to shoot in 720P, but really don't think the quality is very good, especially if you try to use the zoom on anything... We took it to hawaii and the husband did a little free diving with it - apparently 15 ft is too deep for it as the housing sprung a leak!! - it has since been repaired, but I doubt it is waterproof anymore :D

Here's some real ocean pics from it -

and, Details on the tanks - er, well, they've been up for a while, theres a bunch of stuff in them :) The larger thank with all the huge-mongous SPS and Clams is Charlies - here's his build thread - http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/f95/my-300-gallon-sps-tank-58539/

MrGone,

I would be interested in viewing it. Would give me something to compare to Something Fishy's vid.
Sorry for the delayed reply, I haven't been very active lately.

I can't find one uploaded from my GoPro online, but here is one from my ContourHD, since it has a flat lens it has less distortion. I'd love to get an underwater housing for my DSLR but have other priorities at the moment. I think if I was more into diving I would definitely pick one up. When I get some free time I'll try to do a comparison if you are still interested. (for everything else I like the GoPro more, it has higher quality video and sound, but underwater the Contour has an advantage because of the lens).

i did find a video on youtube comparing contour vs gopro videos..however, the comparisions were not the same...i did find another youtube that did compare gopro HD1 and HD2 with and without blurfix lens...wow....might put one of these on my wish to have list...review/bonus time is in several months. :)

Back