powermodules ATI

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ret25yo

anyone have experience with these? I am thinking 2 x 36" 8 bulb units
positive and negative feedback requested please.:D

i was wondering the more technical aspect of them to include reflectivity and ballasts. active cooling vs. non cooled ect. those aspects add up as corals are concerned.I havent ben able to find tech-specs on the fixtures.

They are not overdriven, so its going to be an electronic ballast pushing normal wattage.

As far as refelctors are concerned, they are going to be similar to the ones icecap(aquactinic) and sunlight supply sell. Theres really not that much difference between the different single bulb parabaloc t5 reflectors.

As far as cooling is concerned, aquactinic and ATI make the only activley cooled hoods. Active cooling will increase your par and extend bulb life. The Ati may or may not have "more" then the aquactinics hood, but again it will not be a huge difference.

So in conclusion, you pay about 1000 more for a nicer case and 2 more bulbs. There maye be up to a 5% difference between the two, but really its going to be negligable. Especially 3 months after youve started running either unit and theyve both lost 20% par =P

I can see most of those aspects but ive been told the ATI has a german 98% reflection whereas the others have 95%
alsowith the acrylic shield this keeps salt ect off the reflectors therefore remaining @98% for ahwile
how much does active cooling and more reflection of the ATI differentiate itself from the comptition?

98% vs 96%(Sunlight supply) vs 95%(aquactinics)

You really wont notice any difference I promise you.

Aquactinics uses an acrlyic shield as well for protecting the bulbs.

As far as the fans go, your probably not going to be able to get much info out of ati, but the effect is going to be pretty similar. In fact, if you really want to, you can upgrade the fans on either unit for about 20 bucks and 20 mins of your time.

Back