• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pre-Sale NOVA Flare 42" LED (48" Tanks)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

barrierreefcf

Sponsor
Barrier Reef's 42" NOVA Flare LED Pre-Sale

After months of design and testing we are finally ready to launch our new, custom tuned EverGrow LED fixture. This will be a Barrier Reef exclusive and cannot be purchased anywhere else. We took the NOVA A6 platform, doubled it, and added 430nm epiLED and 440nm Bridgelux LEDs to our already amazing mix of LED chips. We also increased the number of moonlights. We packaged it in a 42" fixture so it will easily fit in a 48" canopy. It has great coverage over a 48"x30" footprint. This light is really for 120 gallon or larger but you can put it on 75/90 gallon tanks. Simply dial down the power. You might be better off with two IT2040 or D2120 for the smaller 48" tanks though. They have more than enough power, will save you on up-front cost, and use less energy.

Our pre-sale special will launch during the Anniversary Sale November 2nd, and run until the end of November. We expect to receive the lights in early January. This light will sell for $849.99 after the pre-sale, but you can reserve yours at $799.99 with pre-payment. For local customers or phone orders we can take 50% deposits. Our website does not allow for partial payments. (Not Online Until Nov. 2)

-From Our Website-​

New for 2014! We designed this fixture and asked EverGrow to build them for us. You will only find this fixture at Barrier Reef Aquariums. This controllable light has been custom tuned by Barrier Reef Aquariums to have a crisp, bright 14K look when both channels are set to 100%. The built-in controller has an LCD touch interface, and allows for dimming in half hour, or one hour intervals. You can program a sunrise, sunset, and moonlight, using the remote, or the touch keys on the unit. The two channels (whites/colors & purples/blues) are all separately programmable. It contains 144 x 3w BridgeLux and epiLED LEDs running at a max power of 360 watts. It includes 36- 12K White, 8- 6500K White, 16-420nm Purple, 4-430nm Purple, 8-440nm Blue, 52- 450nm Royal Blue, 12- 480nm Deep Blue, 4- 520nm Green, and 4- 660nm Deep Red LEDs which have been custom selected to excite as many pigments within your coral as possible, while providing the needed energy for zooxanthellae photosynthesis. It also contains 6- 480nm Blue Moonlights which are on their own programmable channel. 90 degree optics are also utilized to ensure our highest PAR levels capable of growing SPS, while avoiding the "disco-ball" effect. We have also added an aluminum fin heat sink. The fixture measures 42" x 11" x 2.8" and gives great coverage to a 48" x 30" area. Finally, be sure to check out our 2 Year Warranty. The current photo is of an early prototype. The only difference between the final version is that the center gap has been made 3" narrower. We will update the photo as soon as we receive new images.

Includes-

•144- 3w LED
•6- Programmable Moonlights
•90 Degree Optics
•Hanging Kit
•Built-In Controller w/ Remote
•1-Power Cord
•Aluminum Fin Heat Sink
•6-Cooling Fans

2 Year Warranty

Nice. How is the coverage directly below the center of the unit where there are no pucks? any noticeable difference or drop in PAR?

The center gap on the final version will be 3" narrower than the picture. There will only be a slight drop off in about a 2" wide band right in the center. The outside 2-3" of both sides if a 48" tank will see a bit of a drop also.

I love the color spectrum you've put together for this! It has everything I would look for in the spectrum range, and a good ratio of those spectrums.

Couple questions:

I know this is controllable locally on the device. Does it also have external inputs to be controlled by either 0-10vDC or PWM? I'm thinking about the possibility of controlling it through an Apex (0-10vDC) or other one of the other controllers (using PWM).

Also, can these be "daisy-chained"?

If I have multiple units over my tank, will the remote control speak to all of them simultaneously which would do away with the need for them (the lights) to be daisy chained. Or, is each remote encoded so that it runs a single dedicated light?

Sorry if I missed any of those details above. I tried to be studious and not ask a question that's already been answered. :)

Hi Jacob,

Thanks. We feel like the spectrum/mix is pretty spot on also. To answer your questions.

Despite what Evergrow continues to tell us most of their lights can be controlled by 0-10vDC but you have to add the input aftermarket. Eric has done this for folks on plenty of lights. You probably have to bypass the built in controller though.

In Evergrow's case daisy-chaining simply eliminates a power cord. You still have to use each individual controller.

One remote will make simultaneous changes to controllers on two different fixtures as long as both units are close together. They would probably need to be stacked on top of each other to accomplish this. Hope this is helpful.

Cy

Hello all,

I can set up the units to run 0-10v, but it does bypass the control panels completely (not recommended)
I can also set up units to be controlled by only one control panel (bypassing the other controllers).
We can also modify the layouts, in store, for your liking (there might be a small charge).

Back