Precision Marine Bullet 2 Protein Skimmer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

vacrin

Any experience/thoughts on the Precision Marine Bullet 2 Protein Skimmer? I'm putting together a 215 gallon setup that will be moderately stocked with softies, invertebrates (clams) and fish. This skimmer is rated by Precision Marine to 250 gallons. It's only 24" tall so it would fit nicely under my tank. The Bullet 3 is 32" tall and might fit but would be tight removing the collection cup. Is the Bullet 2 enough skimmer for this size setup?

Thanks

dont buy either one...
after you pay the cost of the skimmer body and correct pump to drive the beckett you could have paid for a skimmer that is twice the power at about 1/4-1/3 the watts.
when overdriven, a beckett skimmer is only going to get like 40-45 scfh for each injector, and it'll take more than 100 watts of pump to get the 1200-1500 gph per injector you'll need to to power that skimmer appropriately.

this skimmer is as powerful as a double beckett injection skimmer, produces vastly smaller bubbles, and has much more dwell time in the skimmer body than any double beckett, not to mention no jet engine noise to deal with either...:idea:
http://www.shop.reeffiltration.com/product.sc?categoryId=2&productId=22
so, with this skimmer 42 watts gets you 2800lph air injection, it has a bubble plate to diffuse turbulence, submerged wedge outlet for easy adjustment/quiet water return, and a nice muffler to stop the air sucking noise, super quiet for the power...
by far the best bang for your buck, unless you want an ATB or BK for over a grand...:)

My dual Beckett skimmer is super quiet. I am extremely happy with it's performance but.. It is an energy sucker. To compensate I run it off a manifold to run other equipment and it's paid off.
I have to agree with skimerwhisperer though that the MSX/SWC Extreme 250 would be a better skimmer for your use.

Back