Press Announcement GHL LED Unit coming soon

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

BigAl07

It's been rumored on the national and international forums for a couple of weeks now but this morning GHL made it official:

******GHL Press Release, 3/29/2012 Germany*******

"after all these rumors and being permanently asked for further information by email, PMs or phone we decided to do the official announcement earlier.

Yes, GHL will release their own LED pending lamp soon!

After more than 2 years of development we are proud to present a modern and innovative LED-lamp, which doesn't leave any wishes open in my opinion.
We didn't want to release just another LED-lamp with the usual features, we wanted to develop one of the best LED-lamps on the market!

Here are some of the highlights - but I will not tell everything, this happens when the lamp is released officially in May!

LEDs:

• - 8 light colors, all separately dimmable: ultra white, royal blue, blue, true green, yellow, red, hyperred and UV (420 nm)
    - 62 LEDs per lamp
    - 6 separately replaceable LED-clusters on IMS boards
    - PAR: I think more than you need!

Intelligence + User interface:

• - own controller (32 Bit ARM)
    - graphical display, 6 touch-Keys

communication:

• - radio (2.4 GHz)
    - USB

Operation modes:

• - standalone (runs autonomous)
    - master (controls other lamps wirelessly)
    - slave (is controlled from other lamps or ProfiLux wirelessly)

Energy:

• - high-efficiency mode (max. economy and LED lifetime)
    - high output mode (max. brightness)

Thermal management:

• - innovative cooling concept with 4 extremely quiet and compact cooling fans
    - fans are temperature controlled

Design:

• - select out of several colors
    - fans and heatsinks are not visible from outside
    - ca. 300 mm x 200 mm x 40 mm

Functions:

• - sliding clouds and sunrise over several lamps
    - all illumination functions of ProfiLux
    - full control over output light spectrum

Others:

• - firmware updates possible
    - true dimming technology: non visible brightness steps with more than 3000 dimming steps per channel
    - incl. lamp holder
    - universal power supply with wide range input

and much much more ...

I am quite sure it is worth to wait until May!

That's all I can tell at the moment.
******GHL Press Release, 3/29/2012 Germany*******

Here are my thoughts:

This will be the LED lamp that sets the bar for all others to strive to match. If it's built like all the other GHL components you can count on it lasting for years and being able to grow as new technology comes out.

In regards to purchasing these units there will be available only through GHL Dealers. There will be a "Group Buy" started in May but this information will come only from GHL Dealers. More announcements on GHL US Dealers to be released over the next few weeks.

Until then we can only sit back and wait to see what is released at Interzoo in May 2012!!

I know for me this is going to be a MUST HAVE unit for my next tank.

Allen :)

Can't wait to see this one, surprised at how long it has taken for someone/anyone to really step up to match what we Divers have been creating for some time now.Cheers, Todd

I agree with you completely Todd. It's early so nothing tangible yet but I can't wait to see the charts & graphs on this unit. It should be very cool indeed.

I just did a search on google, the base unit seemed pretty pricey, it looks like a great unit, I am just a poor boy, so out of my range.

Mike

Where did you see the $$...or is it more like $$$$$$$ ?

He's talking about the price of the GHL ProfiLux controller. They start around $700 range (depending on dealer and when you buy it). I've owned several brands of controllers and at least for me and how I run my tanks the ProfiLux is 2nd to none. When you factor in all the bells & whistles it's well worth the cost... at least for me :)

The price of the new GHL LED is yet to be released. I'd love for the price to leak out sooner but as of right now we wont know the price or a shipping date until after InterZoo in May 2012.

Anyone ready for some more "Details" on the new GHL LED coming out next month?

Hi,

we are getting many questions regarding the used LEDs and what spectrum our lamp is producing.

I will (not yet) tell which LEDs we are going to use, but I can already tell you that we will use only first-class LEDs - max. efficacy, max. brightness and a constant spectrum over the temperature and the lifetime are extremely important. We will only use selected LEDs of the newest generation of well-known manufacturers.

With 8 independently adjustable LED colors the spectrum can be set (nearly) in any way you want, here are some examples:
Full.png

all 8 channels at 100%, spectrum from 380 nm to 720 nm

Colorpeaks.png

Peaks at several colors

NoUV.png

all channels without UV at 100%

UVblue.png

Blue

UVbluewhite.png

UV + blue + white

GHL has released more details about their new LED fixture last week and this morning.

Here's the first picture of the unit that leaked out last week
lamp.jpg

then this one slipped out later that same day
Picture1-7.jpg

Then here is their update on the controllability of the unit and the name of it. This is where you can see the power that comes from the combination of GHL's experience with CONTROL and in LIGHTING!!

We are pleased to announce the name of the new GHL LED modular lamp units

Coming from the direct translation "Light Is Life" GHL Brings you the

Mitras

More info now

New functions ahave been added to the “light composer” With this tool you can mix all light sources (e.g. channels of your lamps) and see the results as a spectrum graph.

The tool calculates the color temperature in Kelvin and you can then display the absorption curves of chlorophyll and violaxanthin, also the human eyes responsivity can be displayed.

Screenshot of the new ProfiLuxControl 5.1.2.6 (thi is pre release demonstration shot)

composer.jpg

Back