problem with coral eating bi-color angel!!! please help!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

neubyreefer

hey everybody i havent posted in a while but have a big problem with a bi-color angel in my tank. I had one before and i know its a 50/50 on them picking at the corals but the one i had before died and never picked at my corals so i decided to get another one since i think they are beautiful fish. Anyway he has officialy ate 2 neon brains, 6 trumpets, etc... long story short he is incredibly smart and my wife and i have tried so many times to catch him and nothing! Right now we have one of the brains that still has a little meat on it is inside the netand with that he has almost been caught once or twice but he is very quick and super intelligent he will not even come out from behind the rocks when we are near the tank! my question is does anyone have an idea on a capture maybe little trap or something so i dont have to tear down the tank or remove all that rock?? any help would be great! thanks in advance!

There are fish traps out there that you can buy or rent. Another option is to go fishing for it using barbless hooks.

people have also made fish traps out of 2 liter soda bottles. I'm sure you can google it and find how to make one. Good luck.

I had one before and i know its a 50/50 on them picking at the corals but the one i had before died and never picked at my corals ..

The bad news, statistics caught up with you
The good news, you are back to even odds, the next one you get might not be a little nipper.

nueby, with lights on tank AND room off, place red film paper on the end of a flashlight...we fish net in one hand and flashlight in the other, net the fish...fish do not see the color red..the key to this is total darkness...if you turn on a light to a room, all bets are off. I was able to catch a pair of clarki clowns in a 375g tank in 5 mins using this method.

Actually a good idea by nc2wa.

I just had this same issue with the same fish I think lol.
Wat size tank? May b easier to break down lol.

I used a fish trap in my 120g. Basically a box with a door tied with fish line. Put some food in the box and bam I let down the door. Takes time for fish to get cozy with the box and helps.not to feed before doing this. Doih
Good luck
-d

Back