Problem with my halide...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

str8juizy

saltygurl
OK, need to ask some advice... My light set up is 2 x 175 watt metal halides, 2 x 96 watt actinic pc's and 6 x 3 watt cree led's. The last 2 days one of my halides has been cutting on and off. It will be on then a couple of minutes later it will cut off then 10 minutes later it will power back up and keep doing this. The ballists are maybe a couple of years old and I run them 9 hours a day. The other halide is fine and so are the rest of the lights. Anyone know why it may be acting up?

Thanks!

Rachel

Could be maybe just the bulb. Swap bulbs and see if the one thats doing it, does the same thing on the other side.
Other wise if the bulb in the same side starts doing it, it would have to be the the ballast or wiring.
I had to take my MH unit apart the other day to replace a T5 ballast and some of the wires were too close to the MH reflector and the casing had turned brown and hard.

I will try the bulb first. They are only about 3 months old though. Then I will check the connections to my ballast, I did just move the lights and cords all around a week ago... this sucks!

Back