Protein Skimmer Aquac ev120???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

abbydaisey

I am in process of setting up a 100 gallon reef tank (full of dust at the moment). I will have a 20 gallon sump.

I believe the best protein skimmer (under $400) is the Aquac ev120.

Is this brand the right protein skimmer for a 100 gallon sump tank or would you recommend a less inxpensive model that does a great job.
I just don't want to make a mistake with this one due to the cost $$$$
Where would you recommend for the best place to purchase?

Also since I have room under the tank is it better to buy a in sump skimmer or one that sits outside?

Appreciate any help with this one

I would just up one step and go for the EV180... Get the fitting for the Reactor/ozone port... You may not think you need it now but its a nice option that doesnt hurt to have Even if you never use it... I would think the Best would be Calling AquaC or Emailing Jason over there and findout out if they have any blemishes... Something thats going to work the same but knock off a good chuck of the price... Other than that Either Premium Aquatics or MArine Depot..

James

Go with a Euroreef or an ASM. You should watch the skimmer comparison going on at O2manyfish.com. Is aquac is in it and the Euroreef will be. get the 6-2 from Euroreef. they should be about the same price. Or IF you want about the same thing Go with the ASM g-3. It will be about the same price as the 6-2 and I believe a little bigger. It can easily skim a bigger tank than what you have.

We have a Via -Aqua sk200 on a 90g sps mixed tank, it pulls out more nasty skim then just about any skimmer at 3 times its price. Just something to think about

Back