Protein Skimmer Question???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

BBurrows13

Sail Fast, Live Slow
Does anybody know anything about the
Red Sea Prizm Deluxe Hang-On Protein Skimmer???

Is it good??? does it last long??? etc.

why use a protien skimmer when you can use the ultra super mega powered nitrite nitrate eliminator, that will abolish the need for any and all filtration devices. lol

but seriusly it's allright, i wouldn't call it good or bad just allright, hope this helps. lol

"time flies like an arrow fruit flies like a banana"- the orange peel gazette

I hated my prizm skimmer! It had two modes of skimmate, none at all or flood the floor as soon as my back was turned. Do not know if they have improved, but there is my 2 cents!

I have no personal experience with this skimmer, but everything I've ever read has labelled the prism as one of the prime "dunce cap" reef equipment items of all time. It has a horrible reputation for being sold by LFS to unaware customers, and being an extremely inefficient piece of equipment.

I have no personal experience with this skimmer, but everything I've ever read has labelled the prism as one of the prime "dunce cap" reef equipment items of all time. It has a horrible reputation for being sold by LFS to unaware customers, and being an extremely inefficient piece of equipment.

Worse than the Seaclone? Man I dunno...

Back