PSAS Frag and Equipment Swap/Sale (Sep 15 in Auburn, WA)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

halmus

RF Premium Member
September 2012 Club Meeting: Frag Swap/Sale
September 15th from 1:00-4:00 PM

Check back for the address
Auburn, WA

The September meeting will be a frag swap and sale. Everyone is encouraged to bring their used and new equipment they wish to sell, trade, swap, or donate.

These skimmers will be raffled off at the meeting:
Skimmers.jpg
-The Eshopps PSK-75 was donated by our sponsor Eshopps. This skimmer will be raffled off to all card-carrying members at the meeting from the clubs years 2011-2012 and 2012-2013. One raffle ticket will be given to each member presenting their card. Don't forget to bring your card or pick up the new PSAS membership card at the meeting)
-The Vertex IN-180 skimmer will be raffled off at the meeting for $5 a ticket. This is open to all individuals in attendance.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PSAS/Sea King Aquarium Grow-Out Competition
Sponsored by:
seakingaquariumsl.jpg

with a generous donation by Sea King Aquariums and IPisces (thanks for supporting the communitiy!)

We'll also be starting the PSAS/Sea King Aquarium Grow-Out Competition at the meeting. (the corals will be brought and handed out at this time). You can see the official thread on PSAS for details if you want to participate:
The Puget Sound Aquarium Society • View topic - PSAS/SeaKing Aquariums Grow-Out Competition

Here are the corals that will be used in the competition:
competitioncorals.png

Last edited:
Man what timing! A) thats my bday, B) I'll be doing my first of 1 actual open water dives for my beginners open water certification. If I get out early enough, i'll be there!

Man what timing! A) thats my bday, B) I'll be doing my first of 1 actual open water dives for my beginners open water certification. If I get out early enough, i'll be there!

Sounds great. Hope to see you there. Have a safe dive!

Here's the food list we have so far (These are PSAS.org screen names; I think most of them are the same here on RF) :
jozeenotslar - potato salad
1guydude - chicken
halmus - burgers and buns (& condiments)
jgalvin - beverages
SeaKingAquariums - chips
IPisces - brownies
reefman069 - paper plates and cups

Last edited:
Here's a little update on the equipment the club will be bringing. We'll be bringing a frag tank that's about 30" x 24" x 8" deep. We'll have a couple PAR38 LED bulbs in the light rack to show off your corals. Members are welcome to stick their corals in the tank if they wish. At your own risk. :) First come first served. I'll be pulling water straight from my tank that morning so you can be assured the water quality will be acceptable. Salinity will be 1.024-1.025. Temp 78-79 deg. There will be plenty of room. The club's corals for the grow-out competition will be held in a separate tank.

tank.jpg

Those attending can feel free to bring their own tanks if they wish, but table space is limited. The space inside will also be limited, because it's in our former President's work-shop on his new property not a giant convention center. We can't guarantee that you'll have enough room for the 120 gal frag tank you might be bringing. We'll have a few drop cords and power strips, but if you're concerned about powering your tank, you might want to bring your own. Please no MH or power heavy lights. Also, because this isn't in a convention center, we have limited access to tables. Feel free to bring one if you have it.

Here's the address for the meeting. The host has requested that people use the on-street parking if they aren't bringing any equipment to save room actually on the property for those who have to haul gear.

32626 46th Pl S
Auburn, WA 98001

Update:

I am just coming back from a trip to San Diego. I stopped by Aqua SD and couldn't help myself. I picked up an Acan everyone here would love to get their hands on.
asd_rainbow_beasts_acan_50_per_polyp-120x120.jpg

The club is going to be raffling a single polyp of this Acan at $5 a ticket.​

Update!
This is an open meeting for all, memberships and the grow out contest are available also!
Thxs and look forwards to tomorrow!
-devin

I have to work but am trying to talk my wife and son in going.... He could use a few more corals for his tank!!!!!!!

Thanks "sid". :) We wish you guys could have made it over to this side of the mountains today. It's a long trip.

Just to clarify to EVERYONE. We still have heard that some people aren't coming because they're afraid they have to pay something. This is a free event. Everyone is welcome. There are benefits to being a payed member to the PSAS, but this meeting itself is open to everyone for free. We really just want to have a place where everyone can get together and enjoy the hobby. So, if you are on the fence, please come and enjoy the day.

Tank you everyone who came! Tank you Tom for opening ur home! Tank you coral bringers and donators! FOOD and CORAL!
Even the garage salers were having fun!
icon_e_smile.gif

Another fun Psas event..thanks to the Psas staff and Tom for opening his home to us and all the old ladies in the neighborhood lol..I had lots of fun and love to chat with people who enjoy the same interest..can't wait for the next one...

Back